Monday 5 March 2007

A Treasury of Felt

Out of sheer boredom the other day, I tried to snag a treasury over at Etsy.com and as I am currently felt obsessed, I filled my 12 spaces with lovely felt items. Searching for these helped me find some great new sellers, but also reminded me of some of my faves. As I cannot decide who might be my featured Etsy seller this week, I shall write about all these guys instead...

Almost every treasury I get, I end up putting something by paperbluebird in because her bird ornaments are just so brilliant - they have real character in their expressions and the embellishments are delicious. This one is probably my favourite:
I also put in a crazy "zombie owl" patch I found from MoxieMadness, a cute little birdie patch from demoderby, and a lovely embroidered pincushion with two birds on it from loosestring (her needlework is just flawless).

I ended up with lots of floral things in my treasury, too. Search for "felt" and "flower" on Etsy and you find an awful lot of nice stuff. These handfelted poppy pins by lanadeflor are just stunning, and her shop is full of very pretty felt items like hair pins and purses.
CynContemporary embellishes her bags with some amazing arrangements of felt flowers (she has a leafy one which appeals to me greatly, too), and Etsy is just filled with people making wonderful corsage brooches - my featured picks were a leafy one from fibrespace and a Narcissus from the ever charming and delightful Nonsuch:
I am very into felt food at the moment, so JustDessertsSweets' beaded tea cake pattern charmed the socks off me:
I also featured the cute cupcake pincushions betzwhite makes out of felted sweaters - her coffee cup pincushions were featured on Martha Stewart's tv show, apparently, as one of those "you can make these at home" items. They are cutesy and girly-pretty and slightly twee but still so darn covetable. And then finally: felt food for cats - BuenoStyle's fun sushi for kitties (complete with catnip):

1 comments:

RheLynn said...

Great links, thanks!