Saturday 16 June 2007

Trying to get organised

Oh to be organised! At the moment, I'm really not. I flit from one project to another leaving a big fat mess in my wake and the house is starting to look pretty shoddy because of it...

So at the moment I am trying to tidy up, to finish things, to store things better and to have a clear-out. All at the same time, whilst trying to crack on with some sewing too. Lots to do...

I'm currently finishing a load of map tags that have lain unfinished for a couple of months...

... a big stack of wildflower envelopes that I cut out ages ago but never stuck together...

... and lots of things involving felt!
Trying to get my shop nicely stocked, too, which is being slightly hindered by Etsy being a bit lame at the moment (running very slowly, items apparently taking days to show up in searches etc) and also by the overcast & rainy few days we've just had (that sort of weather makes all my pictures turn out blue).

Oh, and I had an idea for this month's design challenge (Fairy Tales) but I doubt very much that I have the talent to actually make it turn out how it is in my mind's eye! Ah well, I shall give it a go anyway.

9 comments:

The Mock Duck said...

I'm just the same - flitting from project to project leaving a huge mess in my wake! (My husband isn't impressed). I say it's just the result of having an enquiring mind and lots of creative energy!

Anonymous said...

You're so teasing us with all these treasures. I've had a major clean up of my studio recently which inspired a major shop update last week and perhaps even this week. It feels good to finally be able to find stuff in that room!

Jenn Maruska said...

I recently had a studio re-do, too! I bought a chair and ended up re-organizing the whole room - you'll feel so good when it's done!

Do you use some type of tool to cut your felt circles - or do you do them freehand?

: ) Jenn

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jenn - I cut out all my felt freehand (and all those circles are cut without a pattern). Tools are a bit hi-tech for me! :D

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow! You're good : )

Jenn

jenna said...

Ah, spring cleaning! Better late than never---which is approximately when I'll get around to it. :)

treena said...

hi love your tags and envelopes, you have a bit of an obsession with circles? i used to cut them all the time for something do and lots of my artists books are round in fact lots of my art is round. why do you like circles?

PFANG said...

wild flowers envie look awfully goooooorgeous

Jenipher Lyn said...

I COMPLETELY understand. My brain just doesn't work in an order. It's unfair. (but...i'd rather be a messy crafter, then a neat non-crafter)