Thursday 23 December 2010

A Winter Project

How is it so nearly Christmas? how?? I swear it comes round quicker every year...

I'll be taking a few days off from blogging, but I'll be back very soon I promise :)

I am trying not to think about all the festive making and baking and decorating I've not had a chance to do this year, and instead I'm relaxing in front of lots of great movies and keeping my crafty fingers busy with a big project - sewing a huge pile of knitted squares into a giant double-bed-sized blanket:


I think this may be the perfect winter project, especially when you're sewing sections together and you get a bit buried in lovely cosy yarn!

Have a lovely festive season everyone xxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely idea, I think this is one of the things I'd like to make, it is on my massive 'things to craft' list! I'll be knitting a scarf over Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely christmas. Enjoy your blanket making! I've begun knitting squares of end lots of yarn that I intend one day to do the very same thing with. Cheers~

GiddyStuff said...

Sounds perfect. I'm thinking of doing something similar with crocheted granny squares!

Cate said...

Merry Xmas Laura. I have really enjoyed reading your blog over the last couple of months...look forward to more crafty-goodness in 2011 :-)
xxxCate

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas!! I wish you a Happy New Year 2011!! :) Hugs, Silvia