Friday 18 February 2011

Butterflies in progress

I'm doing lots of sewing this week, which is always nice!

One of the projects in my workbox at the moment...


... sewing lots of embroidered butterfly motifs to layered felt flowers to make brooches like these...


... and matching hairbands too.

I always enjoy making these, the vibrant colours always make me very happy even on the most gloomy and rainy of days.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to discontinue them when my current stock of butterfly motifs runs out. I must remember to keep a couple for myself! The pink & turquoise and yellow & lilac ones are my favourite. Which are yours?

7 comments:

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

great!
I love it!!
kisses from Chile
c@

PILUINU said...

I love it! My favourite is blue & red.
Kisses from Madrid.

Unknown said...

lovely things you are sewing now :) i don't have time for sewing unfortunately now :( because of my studies ;(

Amikadeja said...

Yesterday I found your blog. And I can't stop watching it! You make wonderful thigs out of felt! Amazing!

Hugs from Slovenia!

Bugs and Fishes said...

I hope you manage to find time for some sewing soon marysza :)

Thanks Amikadeja :)

arti said...

Hi I think these are beautiful.
i tried making the butterfly curtain but the butterflies were very flimsy so they didnt look as great as yours.

Arti

Bugs and Fishes said...

Sorry to hear that, Arti! Thicker paper/card should solve the problem :)