Thursday 8 December 2011

Folksy Goodies (and a new assistant)

A couple of weeks ago, the British craft website Folksy (where I've had a shop for a few years now) got a snazzy new look.

I have to admit to having been a teeny bit stressed by the prospect of big changes at my busiest time of year, but I love the colourful new logo, the new shop layouts look great, and the new "one page" listing process has already proved to be a huge timesaver when running my shop.

While the revamp was happening, the maintenance page had a sudoku puzzle on it to "keep you entertained" while the site was down overnight. My mother is a total sudoku fiend, she is completely addicted to them and happily works her way through the most complicated ones she can find. I am under strict orders to save her any sudoku puzzles I find in newspapers, etc, so I printed off the Folksy sudoku and gave it to her, she filled it in during her morning coffee, and I then tweeted that she'd finished it.

Then this week, the lovely staff at Folksy (who has seen my tweet) sweetly sent her a little parcel of goodies to say congratulations for completing the puzzle!


They sent her a set of Folksy badges and a Folksy notebook, both from the new "Folksy Collection" which launched this week.

Needless to say, my mother was totally thrilled by her surprise parcel! She was quite blown away by the unexpected kindness of the gift, and is very much in love with the notebook...


... she also likes the badges but has decided that badges aren't quite her sort of thing, so she's kindly passed them along to me. Hurrah! :)


The badges also got some attention from this big bundle of fur, who came to "help" me take photos... perhaps I should make him my new studio assistant?

"Oooh, what are these? Are they for me?"


"You don't want to take photos of these boring things. Take my picture instead!"


"I'm ready for my close-up now..."

9 comments:

C said...

That was really nice of Folksy to give your mom a gift. What nice people. And your new assistant is utterly adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so nice! I really like the badges- I noticed they were selling the notebooks on the site so I might go see if they're on sale too....

Tumus said...

Aww! I love your kitty! He/she has the same markings as my childhood cat did except your's is MUCH fluffier. Give it many squishes ^_^ The badges are sweet too! Does your mom know they make Sudoku picture book puzzles? You have to solve the puzzle to see the picture. Just a new twist on the puzzle craze ^_~

Manu said...

the last pic is the best! ^-^

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift for your mum! Love the cat photos!!

Katie said...

That's very nice of them! I think I might rejoin Folksy, the new look is pretty tasty.

Saraccino said...

I just had to laught seeing your cat! My cats are all the same.. "take a picture from me! Not from the boring stuff!" ^^

Bugs and Fishes said...

Tumus - oooh, I will have to tell my mum about those!

The kitty is a huge fluffy beast, but a big softie too. He definitely doesn't like me paying attention to work instead of him though! Lots of things have been knocked off my desk in the past few weeks because I've not immediately rushed to stroke or feed him when he's miaowed at me :)

LindyLaine said...

Not only does my cat do the same thing, he looks very similar to your cat too!

What a lovely gift from Folksy :)