Wednesday 28 March 2012

Postal Prices + Projects Coming Soon

If you're in the UK you'll have seen in the news that the Royal Mail are putting up their prices at the end of next month. The big headlines have been about the price of stamps for sending letters, but the prices for sending small parcels (i.e. everything I send out to my customers) are going up a lot too.

It's going to cost me more to post out both my UK and my international orders...  one size of parcel I send is actually going up in price by 70% (!) as all large "packets" under 750g are going to cost the same to send (previously there were different price bands for different weights). Ugh.

Needless to say, the shipping charges in my shops will have to go up to make sure I'm covering all my costs. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I thought the least I could do was to give you guys a heads up that the rates are changing so if there's anything you've had your eye on you can buy before the end of April and save a bit on the postage.

In happier news, I'm working on a pretty project involving lots of butterflies...



... and I'm busy writing up a tutorial that involves lots of these teardrop shapes.


Fingers crossed I'll have them both finished soon!

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Oooo butterflies hw pretty :) The postage prices suck don't they :/ x

Flora said...

Thanks for the heads up on that - that will affect my postage costs too - I had no idea about that, just assumed it was only 1st class stamps going up.

Melissa Graham said...

Can't. Wait to see it all.

Jessica said...

Yup - the postal price rise is awful, such a shock to hear how much they were going up by. I've been out and stock piled a load of stamps for my own business - spent £120 on them!

Love the look of the butterflies - pretty embriodery :-)

jen said...

Looking forward to the new project, most definitely not looking forward to the postage increase. I don't think it's going to be getting any easier for small businesses anytime soon! At least we have pretty things to look at and cheer us up :o)
Jen

Kirsty New said...

ugh - POST! :(

Raphaele said...

Hoooo, I can't wait to see the project involving the teardrop shapes, they are really pretty. So excited I'm not even cross about the postage fees increase :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

The price rises do indeed really really suck! I hope my customers will be understanding... these are definitely tough times for small businesses :(

Raphaele - heehee! I hope you'll enjoy the finished project x