Sunday 20 July 2014

Blanket-y Progress

Thanks to a few lazy summer evenings, my patchwork picnic blanket is progressing nicely!

 
 
 
I've sewn most of my stash of "knitted-from-leftover-yarn" squares together, stitching them into three sections.

 

I've also made a start on weaving/trimming all those loose ends.


The sections will will be gradually added to each time I knit more mini squares, and then (eventually) joined together to form one blanket.

I probably won't be blogging another update for a while though as I'll only be knitting more squares when I have leftover yarn to use up... so this is going to be rather a long-term project!

3 comments:

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

When I see your amazing knitting and piecing, all I can think of is "tetris blanket" and "I want one"! Such a great idea! Looking forward to seeing the finished result. x

Unknown said...

What a great idea for scraps! It looks fantastic already and will be absolutely amazing when it's done!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Stacey - thank you! It's going to be a loooong time before this blanket is properly finished, but I will definitely be posting update photos from time to time :)

Rebecca - thanks! x