Saturday 30 May 2015

You Never Know What a Blog Post Will Lead To...

It's just two weeks until Blogtacular - an awesome-looking conference for creative bloggers. I treated myself to a ticket last year and have been looking forward to it ever since (especially after it was announced that Grace Bonney will be the keynote speaker!)

With the conference looming I've been thinking a lot about blogging: why I do it, what I enjoy most about it, where I see my blog heading in the coming months, and so on. Despite an attack of imposter syndrome and occasional patches of blogger's block I've loved my 8+ years of blogging and all the inspiration, connections, friendships and unexpected opportunities that have come along with it.

One very unexpected thing that happened this month was that I did some decluttering, blogged about my childhood eraser collection... and ended up having the collection featured in Mollie Makes!


It is thrilling (if slightly surreal) to have one of my childhood collections in print in one of my favourite crafty magazines - especially as I originally wrote the blog post thinking "this is a bit of a random thing to be blogging about, I wonder if anyone will be remotely interested in this???"

I'm delighted that so many people will get to bask in the glory of my collection (haha) and I hope it sparks lots of nostalgic conversations about the things they all collected as kids.

It just goes to show that you never know what will happen when you press "publish" on a new blog post!


My eraser collection is featured in the current issue of Mollie Makes (#54). Click here for a preview and for stockist info.

4 comments:

Nicki Rocky said...

I loved that article. It brought back so many memories. I spent about half an hour comparing your collection to one I used to have! Looking forward to meeting you at Blogtacular.

Crimson Kettle said...

Have a good time. Since seeing you outside the shop of felt, I have really enjoyed all your blog posts. Thanks. :-)

Cream Linen said...

Yes, you never know when opportunity will knock on your door.
I 've always loved collecting things , too and I have had a paper napking
collection since my elementary school years and I'm still collecting!
Have a nice week and month.
Tina

Bugs and Fishes said...

Nicki - glad you enjoyed the post! (& I hope you enjoyed Blogtacular!)

Crimson Kettle - thank you! It was lovely to chat to you that day x

Tina - How nice to have a collection you've kept up all those years :)