Wednesday 20 January 2016

East London Snaps

It's been a busy few days here as I've been rushing round drawing, cutting, sticking, painting, photographing, editing, writing, etc to meet a deadline - fun, but slightly hectic, especially with the limited hours of winter daylight!

On my To Do list for the rest of this week (once I've done a post-deadline tidy-up of my studio and caught up with my emails) is taking and editing lots of photos.

I have some fun things to show you, plus lots of crafty supplies that I cleared out over the Christmas break which now need photographing and adding to my shop (I'll let you all know when they've been listed, of course).

I've also got a whole bunch of Nice Day Out photos to catch up on editing so I can share some more of my 2015 trips with you guys. 

In the meantime, here are a few snaps from a visit to East London back in November:


Walking from point A to point B I couldn't resist taking a detour down some of the side streets I passed along the way.


So many interesting details and splashes of colour! 

9 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

love the pink door and shutters!!!!
xxxx Ale

Kaija said...

I too came here to ooh and aah over those gorgeous pink doors! Lovely photos!

Shortbread and Ginger said...

The house with red shutters looks amazing!
Liz

Jacqui Wise said...

Lovely photos especially the doorway with the faded & peeling paint. Would love a peek inside behind the door! What area of East London was this as I am up that way occasionally?

Bugs and Fishes said...

Those doors are rather fabulous, aren't they? :)

Jacqui - these were all taken near Brick Lane, the doors are from 4 Princelet Street which, it turns out, you can take a peek inside via the magic of the internet as the building is available for hire for photo shoots, events etc: http://www.princelet.co.uk/loc1.html#

Jacqui Wise said...

Thanks Laura. I have just had a peek inside. What a fabulous building & fantastic that it has been conserved. I could quite easily spend a week there taking photographs although I may have to contend myself with an exterior view next time I am passing!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jacqui - isn't it amazing?? I hope you get some good pics when you next pass by :)

Jacqui Wise said...

Hi Laura, Just to say I managed to get back to Brick Lane eventually today & found Princelet Street. Beautiful doorways! Unfortunately the red peeling paint house with the shutters was being used for filming so I couldn't get photos but loved the old chemist shop opposite & some of the other houses with beautiful doorways nearby. I'll just have to go back again. Thanks for the original inspiration on your blog for my trip. Jacqui x

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Jacqui - I'm delighted to hear my blog post inspired your trip! Such a shame that fabulous house was being used for filming when you visited, but having an excuse to go back to Brick Lane is no bad thing :)