Friday 29 January 2016

Fuzzy Nostalgia

Remember all those puzzles and games hidden away in our attic? Well, brace yourself for a bit more childhood nostalgia because...

 

... we found a box of Fuzzy-Felt!


What fun this stuff was!

We spent hours and hours and hours as kids re-arranging these little felt pieces and using them to tell all kinds of stories.


Sadly they don't stick to the board any more, and some of the pieces are definitely showing their age.

It feels totally wrong to just throw them away though, so I'm thinking maybe I should make something from them? Maybe combine them with some plain felt and patterned papers to make some nostalgic cards to send to my friends? Hmmm...


I shall add the pieces to my box of "random things that might be useful for a crafty project sometime" (every crafter has a box like that, right??) and see if/when inspiration strikes!

P.S. You might also enjoy these posts about board games, toys, books, erasers, badges and stickers from my 80s childhood :)

6 comments:

hardybarn said...

Wow. That just took me back. Completely forgotten about it but I had this exact set and haven't seen it for about 20 years.

Jacqui Wise said...

I remember having a farmyard fuzzy felt box but mine was not as detailed as yours - just plain felt shapes but great fun all the same.

Cream Linen said...

This was really nostalgic! I didn't have anything similar, but your post made me remember some old and almost forgotten games and toys that accompanied me in my childhood.
Thanks for sharing .
Tina

Bugs and Fishes said...

hardybarn - it's so funny how we forget about these things but the memories are still buried in our heads somewhere! Clearing out the attic has led to a lot of exclamations of "oh my gosh I had totally forgotten about that!!!" and lots of old memories bubbling back up to the surface.

Jacqui - sometimes the simplest toys are the best, aren't they? So much opportunity for imagination to come into play!

Tina - so glad you enjoyed the post :)

Claire said...

Cards would be a fan idea! I have several piles of 'things that might be useful for crafty things one day' piles. Maybe I need a nice box for them????

Bugs and Fishes said...

I highly recommend a nice box, Claire! Looks nice on the shelf and gives you a lovely false illusion of being organised because all the random nonsense is *in a box* ;)

Seriously tho, it is v useful because if I want to keep more random bits and bobs for potential future crafting I have to clear out some old un-used things to make room, which stops me keeping *everything*! :)