Friday 24 February 2017

Not the Piccadilly Line: Chiswick Park Station

Time for my third blog post about the Art Deco Piccadilly Line photowalk I took part in last year, organised by Kate of Made by Mrs M. This is the "problem" with photowalks, you see, you take so many photos you end up having to write loads of blog posts to fit them all in!

After visiting Rayners Lane and Sudbury Hill, then Sudbury Town and Park Royal we took a break for lunch and headed to Chiswick Park (on the District Line). We only went there because it was nearby and we knew there were lots of nice places to eat quite near the station... but it turned out to be a great place for photos as well. Hurrah!

All over the platforms at Chiswick Park there are little details in this lovely green.

 

I love all the bold shapes of the concrete, and the little pops of colour against that plain background.


There are lots of traces of times gone by: old intercom systems, signs and phone booths.


The combination of the green with black and the safety yellow markings on the stairs makes for a very striking look! I'm not sure I would ever think to combine those colours but I think it kinda works?


There's more black in the entrance hall - I love the contrast of the black tiles with the bricks.


And the curves! What a joy these curved buildings are.



Altogether: an unexpected delight. Our lunch was pretty tasty, too! 

The final post in this series will be popping up in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for more Art Deco awesomeness. 

P.S. I have no idea which stations I took these final three photos at. I think I took them on our way to and from Chiswick Park but it's been so long that I can't remember which station we changed at or which pictures belong to which stations. I like them though, so here you go: three slightly random bonus photos for you! Don't say I never give you anything, haha.

 
 

(Maybe you travel on this part of the Tube yourself and recognise these places? Let me know!).

0 comments: