Thursday 9 March 2017

A Year of Wreaths: March Daffodil Wreath

UPDATE: my March Daffodils Wreath Tutorial is now available as a printable pattern over on my Patreon.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

 
Click here to see all 12 seasonal wreaths in this series!

-----

Every month this year I'm creating a seasonal wreath for The Village Haberdashery's blog. This month I'm celebrating the early signs of spring with lots of cheerful daffodils and narcissi!

Felt Daffodils Wreath


The subtle variations in colour of the hand-dyed Malabrigo yarn create a gorgeous stripy effect around the wreath, and the felt flowers add a vibrant pop of cheerful colour.

If you don't want to make the whole wreath you could adapt this tutorial to make floral brooches or headbands, or add stems to the flowers to create a felt bouquet.

 
Subscribe to my newsletter for a monthly(ish) free pattern and visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots more free projects.

2 comments:

Ariadne said...

Such a lovely wreath. Really enjoyed it!AriadnefromGreece!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks Ariadne! I loved making this, it's inspired me to start sketching another floral design for this series...