Monday 3 April 2017

The 100 Day Project 2017

Have you heard of #The100DayProject?


It's a global art project which anyone, anywhere can take part in.

You choose a creative action, do it every day for 100 days and share the results online. You can read more about the project and how to take part here. This year's project starts tomorrow (April 4th) and I'm joining in for the first time.

It took me a while to choose what I wanted to do for my action: something quick and simple? or something more complicated? Trying something new? or developing existing skills?


In the end I decided to opt for something challenging but flexible: I've decided to do #100DaysOfFeltStuff - recreating one "real world" object in felt each day.

Choosing "stuff" rather than something more specific means I'll have lots of creative freedom and can choose something small and quick on busy days (and bigger, more challenging things on my days off!).

I'm really looking forward to this project: flexing my creative muscles, solving a whole bunch of design problems, and making a daily space for creativity in my schedule. I also can't wait to see everyone else's projects and follow along with the project hashtag on Instagram.

I'll be sharing daily photos on my Instagram Stories, and posting updates in my main Instagram feed - as well as on Facebook, Twitter and here on my blog. So if you're keen to see what I'm making but don't use Instagram don't worry, you won't be out of the loop.

Here's to 100 days of felt-y goodness!

4 comments:

kejtiss said...

Sounds nice! I can't wait to see your projects.

sablazzer said...

Thanks for bringing this up! I've decided to join the100dayproject along with a friend. Best of luck and I can't wait to see your awesome projects!

bairozan said...

I only recently found out about this project but am not going to join because of too many trips we've planned during this period. But maybe next time, I hope :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

kejtiss - thanks! xx

salblazzar - awesome, I hope you'll both enjoy taking part :)

bairozan - ah, I hope you'll enjoy your trips and following along with the things people are making this year :)